Saturday, March 14, 2009

Backup your NSLU2 flashed image

It takes like forever to install debian on slug but it is indispensable. So, take a backup your flashed image and use it next time. Actually I still wonder why there is no preinstalled version of debian for NSLU2, like, prepare the flash disk + flash the image tada....
Anyway to do the trick use.

cat /dev/mtdblock* > image.bin


To restore it next time, use either upslug2 or windows flashing utility...
Cheers

P.S. I found the trick. They already did the pre-prepared version of debian for slug. I think manual installation is way better and faster.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I'm using UnSlung on my NSLU2. Do you know how to back up Unslung system?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It shouldbe similar I guess. Try the same and see what happpens.

    ReplyDelete